Skipper and Co-Owner of ‘Lauren Jade ’, Derek Farr
“A knack of putting you on the fish” – “an eagle eye for spotting the wildlife”.
From Derek, co-owner, skipper and wildlife guide:
“Sharing my love and knowledge of Wildlife & Fishing, I want everybody to have a good, enjoyable and memorable experience.
As a very keen sports and competition angler I have skills in catching all sorts of fish and I hope to encourage people to enjoy a days fishing”.
What we offer you:
- A great day fishing.
- A warm welcome to families, individuals and groups.
- A safe and enjoyable day on the coast.
- A unique quality service with information and practical assistance.
- A chance to see animals in the wild and with help to identify them.
- Fun trips with a combination of Wildlife Watching & Fishing.
- Opportunities for boat handling and training.
- Access to hard to get to places with tailor made trips.
- Chance to have fun and learn new things.
What we hope you will gain:
- An insight into our natural world and the secretive lives of sea creatures.
- Memories of close encounters with our fantastic wildlife.
- A new experience shared with family and new friends.
- A fish or two for tea.
- New skills and the wish to return and enjoy the sea and coast.
- Excellent quality days to remember, recommend and a wish to return!
- Gain skills and learn about our ecology.
Our Boat ‘LAUREN JADE’
‘Lauren Jade’ was purchased for Wildlife & Fishing charters as she offers space, safety and speed.
- Lauren Jade is a Wilson Flyer, 7.4 meters in length
- Powered by Ervinrude 150 HP outboard engine
- Licesensed for up to 6 passengers and 1 crew
- Annually licensed by MCA and coded to 20 miles from safe-haven in good weather conditions and daylight hours
- Full insurance for £10 million
- Full safety equipment includes lifejackets for adults and juveniles, a liferaft for 8 people and with necessary rescue equipment
- Electronics: 2x VHF radios, 2x fish finders, 2xGPS
- Full deck and navigation lights
- All equipment is regularly checked, serviced and is in date
Access to ‘Lauren Jade’
- The Isle of Whithorn has a harbour which dries out at low water so departure/return times are varied and tide dependent.
- Access to the boat may be by stone steps or a metal ladder. Only on rare occasions will the access be down more that 3 or 4 rungs of the metal ladder, but I will always be at hand for your safety.
What‘s on board
- A full range safety equipment and instructions
- Fishing rods / reels / tackle
- Field guides for identification
- Limited seating
- Basic, but private, toilet facilities