We have tried to keep our Terms and Conditions of Booking as simple and concise as possible, we realise nobody likes the small print!
Terms and Conditions
“The Company” Isle Adventures Ltd. Company Registered Number SC447266 Scotland.
“Customer” means the person, company or organisation booking a trip.
“Fee” means the cost of the trip as published on the Isle Adventures Ltd website or otherwise agreed in writing.
Company Website: www.isleadventures.co.uk
- 1.1 A booking will be provisional until Isle Adventures Ltd receives the following:
a. Deposit or Payment as defined in Section 2 below.
b. Customer name, address, telephone number and email address.
- 1.2 Upon receipt of the above, Isle Adventures Ltd will confirm the booking by email.
- 1.3 These Terms and Conditions of Booking apply to all bookings confirmed to a Customer by Isle Adventures Ltd and by entering into a confirmed booking the Customer agrees to be bound by them (unless otherwise agreed in writing).
- 1.4 A copy of these Terms and Conditions of Booking is available on request and on the Isle Adventures Ltd Company Website.
2. Deposit or Payment
- 2.1 A deposit of £50 is required for booking the whole boat. The remainder of the Fee is payable on the day.
- 2.2 On the day we can only accept cash as payment for the remainder of the Fee, no cheques or credit cards.
- 2.3 For Individual Bookings payment of the full Fee is due at the time of booking.
- 2.4 Isle Adventures Ltd reserves the right to regularly review and amend the Charges displayed on the Booking Form and on the website of the company www.isleadventures.co.uk
Damage to the vessel or breakages to hire tackle will be the liability of the person/s involved and must be paid in full.
3. Cancellation by Customers
- 3.1 More than 4 weeks before the booked date then the Deposit or Payment is returned.
- 3.2 Less than 4 weeks before the booked date then the Deposit or Payment forfeited.
- 3.3 Less than 2 weeks before the booked date then the full Fee is payable.
- 3.4 If the Customer requests an early return to harbour then the full Fee is payable.
4. Cancellation by Isle Adventures Ltd
- 4.1 Due to forecasted bad weather either the previous day or on the morning of the trip, the Customer has the option of the Deposit or Payment being returned or moved to another suitable day.
- 4.2 If Isle Adventures Ltd is unable to provide a service due to illness, mechanical breakdown or other unforeseen circumstances, the Customer has the option of the Deposit or Payment being returned in full or moved to another suitable date.
- 4.3 Isle Adventures Ltd cannot be held liable for any loss incurred by the Customer in arranging the trip if Isle Adventures Ltd has to cancel the trip.
5. Weather and Conditions
- 5.1 The Customer MUST telephone Isle Adventures Ltd the evening before the trip between 5.00 to 7.00pm to check the weather is suitable for the trip to go ahead and finalise details. Phone 01988 500344. Should conditions prove unsuitable alternative booking can be discussed at the time.
- 5.2 Failure to telephone will be taken as acceptance by the Customer of any decisions made by Isle Adventures Ltd for the following day.
- 5.3 Isle Adventures Ltd.’s decision is final with regard to the weather, however we try to get out if possible with due regard to safety and common sense.
- 5.4 Isle Adventures Ltd reserves the right to alter the planned trip with regards to weather and fishing conditions, for example a offshore fishing trip may have to become an inshore trip in the event of strong winds or large swells.
Boat Trips or Ash Scatterings may continue within the shelter of the harbour or inshore water.
The Skipper’s decision is final in these matters.
6. Alcohol, Drugs and Safety
- 6.1 No alcohol, smoking, no pets, use of unprescibed drugs or disrespectful behaviour will be permitted upon the vessel.
- 6.2 Any injury or loss sustained on board must immediately be reported to the Skipper.
- 6.3 Children MUST be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times, under 18 year olds are only taken by prior agreement by Isle Adventures Ltd.
- 6.4 Isle Adventures Ltd.’s vessel, ‘Lauren Jade’ is licensed for a maximum of six passengers and one crew.
- 6.5 Any medical conditions that might affect a customer during the trip MUST be reported to the Skipper at the time of booking or before departure. Isle Adventures Ltd cannot be held responsible should a person with a medical condition or under medication travel on-board ‘Lauren Jade’.
Insurance and Legal information
- 7.1 You can keep fish if above the legal minimum landing size and not subject to a landing ban. In the interests of conservation at Isle Adventures Ltd we ask Anglers to limit the number of fish taken to 2 per person. We practice the return of all Tope, Skate, Huss and Conger Eels.
- 7.2 It is illegal to sell any fish caught on board.
- 7.3 Isle Adventures Ltd.’s Vessel and Skipper are licensed to operate as required by the MCA – Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
- 7.4 Isle Adventures Ltd maintains £10 million Public Liability Insurance through Towergate Insurance.
- 7.5 These Terms and Conditions of Booking and all other express and implied terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.
- 7.6 Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Booking shall affect the rights of Consumers.
- 7.7 All clauses and sub-clauses of this Agreement are severable and if any clause or identifiable part thereof is held to be unenforceable by any court of competent jurisdiction then such enforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions or identifiable parts thereof in these Terms and Conditions of Booking.
Isle Adventures Ltd
Registered and Admin Office: Companies House, Edinburgh or Oswalds, 24 Great King Street, Edinburgh EH3
Telephone: 01988 500 344 or 07979 423 584 Email: email@example.com
Company Number: SC447266
Braefoot, Isle of Whithorn Harbour, Newton Stewart, Dumfries and Galloway DG8 8LL