Get the maximum enjoyment and variety you can see our spectacular Wildlife from the boat, ‘Lauren Jade’ or I can guide you around our varied coastline to the wildlife hot-spots.
Birds and Wildlife – Wigtown Bay, Luce Bay and Loch Ryan
These are fantastic places for birds and bird watching all the year around
- During the winter – migrating birds come here from Canada, Greenland, Iceland, Scandinavia and Artic Russia.
- In spring and summer – birds travel from Africa and Europe to breed and raise their young
- The number and variety of bird species makes this area an internationally important place for birds and bird watching too.
- With patience, Roe Deer, Badgers, Otters and Red Squirrels can be seen.
Wildlife Marine Animals
- Isle of Whithorn and Burrowhead, have colonies of Seals and Seabirds along the coast. We may even see the occasional Minke Whale, Basking Shark, Bottlenose Dolphin, Harbour Porpoise or an Otter.
Wildlife Watching on our boat ‘Lauren Jade’
Wild animals are free to move around the cliffs and bays and we will travel slowly along the coast keeping a sharp eye out for seals and seabirds amongst the rock and cliff edges.
Binoculars are available to help you gain close up views and I will help to spot and identify the wildlife during the trip.
You will find the birds and seals sometimes come quite close to the boat so remember to bring your camera.
What should I bring with me?
- Layers of clothing including sensible shoes, a hat and waterproofs.
- Sunscreen and sunglasses to protect from the suns glare and reflections.
- Binoculars if you have some, but these can be hired on the boat.
- Snacks, a warm drink or water.
- Any required medication, seasick tablets or travel bands.
- Camera to take pictures of those ‘Magic Moments’.
What we ask of you
- To take care and be safe at all times while on the harbour or boat.
- Everybody to wear life jackets at all times (supplied).
- No smoking, pets or alcohol on board and anybody under the influence will be refused to board.
- Respect for the wildlife passengers and crew.
- No pollution – please take rubbish home.
What to expect while on board
- An experienced, sociable and considerate skipper who is skilled in sea angling and as an Wildlife Guide.
- A safety talk and demonstration before going out to sea.
- Offer of evaluation form at end of trip so I know what you’ve enjoyed and where I can improve.
- Having your safety at interest, my decision regarding all trips is final.
Other Charter Choices can include:
- Visit to the remote Scares Rocks one of Scotland’s great Gannet and Seal colonies (This trip would incur extra fuel costs)
- Sunset Evening cruises with a chance to see an Otter.